SM4. Mind! Lessons From the Brain Chair: Philip T. Ninan, M.D.
SM5. Best Financial Practices for Fiscally Solvent Delivery of Integrated Care Chair: Roger G. Kathol, M.D.
SM6. Seeing the Forest and the Trees: An Approach to Biopsychosocial Formulation Chair: William H. Campbell, M.D., M.B.A.
SM7. Writing, Blogging, and Podcasting About Psychiatry for the Public: A Guide for the Perplexed Chairs: Steven R. Daviss, M.D., Annette Hanson, M.D.
SM8. Losing a Patient to Suicide Chair: Michael F. Myers, M.D.
CC1. Treatment-Resistant Depression Chair: Michael E. Thase, M.D.
SCIENTIFIC AND CLINICAL REPORT
1. Do Psychopharmacologists Speak to Psychotherapists About Their Mutual Patients? A Survey of Practicing Clinicians Thomas Kalman, M.D., M.S.
2. Assessing the Practices and Perceptions of Dually Trained Physicians: A Pilot Study Gaurav Jain, M.D.
3. Characteristics of Patients Enrolled in a Collaborative Care Pilot for Patients With Chronic Medical Illness and Depression and/or Harmful Drinking Henry Chung, M.D.
L8. Patient Advocacy Award Lecture Judge Steven Leifman
SMALL INTERACTIVE SESSIONS
SI01. Sports Psychiatry: Helping Teams Manage Suicide and Sudden Death in Athletes (Meet the Author) Chair: David R. McDuff, M.D.
SI02. Evidence-Based Guide to Antidepressant Medications (Meet the Author) Chair: Anthony J. Rothschild, M.D.
W26. Pain in the Nursing Home: A Mental Health Concern Chairs: Mara E. Aronson, M.S., R.N., Amita R. Patel, M.D.
W27. The Internet as a Weapon: Legal, Educational, and Psychiatric Perspectives on Cyberbullying Chair: Patricia R. Recupero, M.D., J.D.
W28. CBASP: An Evidence-Based Psychotherapy for The Treatment of the Chronically Depressed Patient Chair: Eric Levander, M.D., M.P.H.
W29. The ABCs of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) for Autism and Other Educational Interventions Chair: Alice R. Mao, M.D.
W30. Do Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience Have Anything to Teach Us About Morality? Chair: Carl I. Cohen, M.D.
W31. Incarceration of Black Females: Casualties and Collateral Damage From the “War on Drugs” and Other Nonviolent Offenses APA Caucus of Black Psychiatrists; Chairs: Napoleon B. Higgins, M.D., Stephen A. McLeod-Bryant, M.D.
A1. Advances in Addiction Psychopharmacology Chairs: Henry R. Kranzler, M.D., Domenic Ciraulo, M.D.
1. Medications to Treat Alcohol Dependence Henry R. Kranzler, M.D.
2. Medications to Treat Cannabis Dependence Frances R. Levin, M.D.
3. Medications to Treat Cocaine and Other Stimulant Dependence Kyle M. Kampman, M.D.
4. Medications to Treat Nicotine Dependence Caryn Lerman, Ph.D.
5. Medications to Treat Opioid Dependence John A. Renner, M.D.
6. Overview of Medications Development Domenic Ciraulo, M.D.
S21. The Future of Psychiatric Diagnosis: Updates on Proposed Diagnostic Criteria for DSM-5 (Part I) American Psychiatric Institute for Research and Education
1. Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Developmental Disorder, and Learning Disorders Susan E. Swedo, M.D.
2. The Developmental Perspective and DSM-5 Daniel Pine, M.D.
3. Developmental Considerations: Looking Forward and Looking Back David Shaffer, M.D.
4. Evolution of a New Model of Personality Disorders for DSM-5 Andrew E. Skodol, M.D.
5. Neurocognitive Disorders Ronald Petersen, M.D., Ph.D.
S22. The Contributions of Brain Imaging to the Study of Psychosis
1. The Kraepelinian Schizophrenia-Bipolar Disorder Divide: What Do the Neuroimaging Studies Tell Us? Matcheri S. Keshavan, M.D.
2. Understanding and Treating Impaired Cognition and Emotion in Schizophrenia Cameron S. Carter, M.D.
3. Alterations in Working and Declarative Memory Circuitry in the Psychosis Prodrome Larry J. Seidman, Ph.D.
4. Brain Function in Psychosis-Prone Youth and Schizophrenia Raquel E. Gur, M.D., Ph.D.
S23. Advances in the Assessment and Treatment of Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia
1. Assessment Tools to Measure Negative Symptoms: Current Status and Future Prospects Jack Blanchard, Ph.D.
2. Functional Disability Associated With Negative Symptoms William P. Horan, Ph.D.
3. Review of Pharmacological Strategies in the Treatment of Negative Symptoms Jean-Pierre Lindenmayer, M.D.
4. Combining Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate With Antipsychotic Medications for the Treatment of Predominant Negative Symptoms of Chronic Schizophrenia Robert Lasser, M.D.
5. Distinguishing the Primary (Enduring) From the Secondary (Reversible) Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia Henry A. Nasrallah, M.D.
S24. Patient Suicide in Residency Training
1. Resident Experience of Patient Suicide Uyen-Khanh Quang-Dang, M.D.
2. How “Collateral Damage: The Psychiatrist’s Response to Suicide” Came About and What It Is Supposed to Provide James Lomax, M.D.
3. Patient Suicide in Residency Training Christina V. Mangurian, M.D.
4. Institutional Responses to Patient Suicide: The UCSF Model Andrew Booty, M.D.
S25. Can Major Depression Be Prevented? New Insights From Basic and Clinical Studies
1. Using the Nonhuman Primate Developmental Model of Anxious Temperament to Conceptualize New Approaches to Early Interventions Ned H. Kalin, M.D.
2. Stress Innoculation and Resilience in a Primate Model Alan F. Schatzberg, M.D.
3. Preventing the Onset of Depression in High-Risk Children: A Novel Experimental Approach Ian Gotlib, Ph.D.
4. The Neurobiology of Child Abuse and Neglect: Impact on the Pathophysiology and Treatment of Mood Disorders Charles B. Nemeroff, M.D., Ph.D.
S26. Bipolar Disorder: State-of-the-Art Treatments
1. New Developments in the Treatment of Acute Mania: Clinical and Methodological Issues Roger S. McIntyre, M.D.
2. Treatment Options for Acute Depression in Bipolar Disorder Michael Bauer, M.D., Ph.D.
3. Maintenance Treatment of Bipolar Disorder Michael Gitlin, M.D.
4. The Treatment of Complex Bipolar Disorder Gin Malhi, M.D.
5. Adjunctive Psychosocial Interventions for Bipolar Disorder David J. Miklowitz, Ph.D.
S27. Impulsivity and Behavioral Dysinhibition Across Psychiatric Disorders: Pathological Gambling, Personality Disorders, Suicide, and ADHD
1. Impulsive Behavior in Pathological Gambling: A Behavioral Addiction Carlos Blanco-Jerez, M.D., Ph.D.
2. Searching for Endophenotypes in BPD: A Focus on Self-Reported and Behavioral Impulsivity Mercedes Perez-Rodriguez, M.D., Ph.D.
3. Impulsivity and Intermittent Explosive Disorder: Making Sense of Inconsistent Findings Michael S. McCloskey, Ph.D.
4. Assessment of Predictors of High-Risk Mixed-Diagnosis Suicidal Veterans Marianne S. Goodman, M.D.
5. ADHD and Impulsivity: Longitudinal Course, Comorbidity, and Impairments Related to Persistence Into Adulthood Jeffrey H. Newcorn, M.D.
S28. First Annual Member in Training/Early Career Psychiatrist Leadership Forum
1. APA’s Structure and Leadership Carol A. Bernstein, M.D.
2. How Mentorship Can Be a Powerful Tool for the Local District Branches Nada L. Stotland, M.D., M.P.H.
3. How to Submit Presentations to the Annual Meeting Mary Helen Davis, M.D.
S29. Promoting Resilience, Recovery, Social Inclusion, and Behavioral Health Equity: A Historical and Contemporary Profile of Philadelphia
1. The Cosmopolitan Canopy: Race and Civility in Everyday Life in Philadelphia Elijah Anderson, Ph.D.
2. Resilience in Action: A Presentation by Youth M.O.V.E. Philadelphia Marc Forman, M.D.
3. Resilience in Action: A Presentation by Youth M.O.V.E. Philadelphia Randolph Alexander
4. Reducing Disparities in Access to Treatment for Justice-Involved Individuals Diagnosed With Severe Mental Illness Jean H. Wright, Psy.D.
5. Transforming a Behavioral Health System to a Recovery and Resilient-Oriented System of Care: Improved Health Care and Health Equity in Philadelphia Arthur C. Evans, Ph.D.
S30. Medication Use for Treating Alcohol Dependence
1. Quetiapine for the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence Fertig Joanne, Ph.D.
2. Gabapentin Treatment of Alcohol Dependence and Alcohol-Related Disturbances in Mood and Sleep Barbara J. Mason, Ph.D.
3. Novel Targets From the Dark Side of Dependence on Alcohol: Focus on the Brain Stress Systems CRF, Dynorphin, and Vasopressin George F. Koob, Ph.D.
4. Extended-Release Naltrexone for the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence David R. Gastfriend, M.D.
S31. Current Models of Collaborative Care
1. MHIP: The Washington State Mental Health Integration Program Jurgen Unutzer, M.D., M.P.H.
2. Integration of Primary and Behavioral Health Care in a Multi-Site Federally Qualified Health Center Amy C. Brodkey, M.D.
3. Integrating Health Care by Reverse Colocation Lawrence A. Real, M.D.
4. Veterans Healthcare Administration: Primary Care Mental Health Integration Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System Patricia Allred, M.D.
5. MHIP: The Washington State Mental Health Integration Program Jurgen Unutzer, M.D., M.P.H.
L9. Alexandra Symonds Award Lecture Katherine L. Wisner, M.D.
L10. Resilience as a Dynamic Concept APA International Psychiatrist Lecture; Michael L. Rutter, M.D.
NEW RESEARCH/YOUNG INVESTIGATOR POSTER SESSION 3
SCIENTIFIC AND CLINICAL REPORT
1. Why Do Some Depressed Outpatients Who Are in Remission According to the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale Not Consider Themselves to Be in Remission? Mark Zimmerman, M.D.
2. Evaluation of Postpartum Depressive Disorders Dmitriy Ivashinenko, M.D.
3. Light Treatment in African-American Versus Caucasian Patients With Seasonal Affective Disorder Hyacinth Uzoma, M.B.B.S
SMALL INTERACTIVE SESSION
SI03. Implementing Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy Across a Range of Clinical Settings Chair: Ellen Frank, Ph.D.
W32. Psychiatrist Workforce Shortage: Challenges and Solutions Chairs: Alan Q. Radke, M.D., M.P.H., Joseph J. Parks, M.D.
W33. Quality Improvement: What It Means for Psychiatrists Chair: Claudia L. Reardon, M.D.
W34. Better Integration of International Medical Graduates in Psychiatry by Understanding Their Journey Through Application, Residency, and Beyond Chairs: Lama Bazzi, M.D., Renata Sanders, M.D.
W35. Psychiatry on the Forefront: Increasing Access to Care in the Disaster Setting Chairs: Catherine S. May, M.D.
W36. Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Assessment and Initial Management With Neuropharmacology Chair: David Fitzgerald, M.D.
W37. Mindfulness for the Next Generation: The Koru Program for Teaching Mindfulness and Meditation to University Students and Other Emerging Adults Chairs: Hollister B. Rogers, M.D., Margaret Maytan, M.D., M.A.
W38. A Resident Leader’s Tool Kit American Psychiatric Leadership Fellowship Program; Chair: Sarah M. Fayad, M.D.
CC2. Treating Complicated Grief Chair: M. Katherine Shear, M.D.
L11. Tarjan Award Lecture Milton Kramer, M.D.
SCIENTIFIC AND CLINICAL REPORTS
1. Patients With Intellectual Disability and Personality Disorders: Closer to Personality Disorders or Intellectual Disability? Regi Alexander, M.D.
2. The Frequency of Comorbid Axis I Diagnosis in Social Anxiety Disorder Patients Ahment Koyuncu, M.D.
3. Assessment of Mixed Depression in Bipolar Depression Utilizing a Modified Hypomania Checklist Manuel Fuentes, M.D.
SCR10. Epidemiology, Access, Outcome
1. Improving Access and Efficient Care for Patients With Psychiatric Illnesses in an Academic Teaching Medical Center Michael Kaufmann, M.D.
2. Characterization of Persons Receiving Primary Care Services in a Mental Health Clinic James Shackelford, M.D.
3. National Telemental Health Outcomes in 98,609 Patients Linda Godleski, M.D.
SMALL INTERACTIVE SESSION
SI04. The Vitality of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Chair: Jerald Kay, M.D.
W39. Integrating Psychotherapy and Psychopharmacology: The Psychiatrist’s Role in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction Chair: Eugene F. Simopoulos, M.D.
W40. Child Abuse in Children From Afro-Caribbean, Asian, and Hispanic Households: What It Looks Like and How to Approach It Chair: Jared Kiddoe, M.D., M.A.
W41. Prevention of Harm From Stalking Chairs: Gail E. Robinson, M.D., Karen M. Abrams, M.D.
W42. Management of Patients With Alcohol and Co-Occurring Disorders: Problems and Solutions U.S. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism; Chair: Deidra Roach, M.D.
W43. Writing for the Lay Public: Pointers From a Psychiatrist Writer, Investigative Journalist, and the Trainee Perspective Chairs: Serina R. Deen, M.D., M.P.H.
W44. How Does She Do It All? Balancing Family, Life, and Career Chairs: Silvia W. Olarte, M.D., Leah J. Dickstein, M.D., M.A.
W45. Group Schema Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder Chair: Heather M. Fretwell, M.D.
W46. When Physicians Die by Suicide: What Can We Learn From Their Loved Ones? Chair: Michael F. Myers, M.D.
W47. Evaluation and Treatment of the Complex Eating-Disordered Patient Chairs: Susan Ice, M.D., Alican Dalkilic, M.D., M.P.H.
W48. The Art of Narrative Psychiatry: Integrating the Values and Strategies of Narrative Psychotherapy With Psychiatric Practice Chair: SuEllen Hamkins, M.D.
W49. CPT Coding and Documentation Update Chair: Ronald M. Burd, M.D.
W50. A Terrible Melancholy: Depression in the Legal Profession Chairs: Lawson R. Wulsin, M.D., Daniel T. Lukasik, Esq.
AM1. Medical Mysteries and Practical Med Psych Updates: Is It “Medical,” “Psychiatric,” or a Little of Both? Chair: Robert M. McCarron, D.O.
A2. Advances in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Chairs: Gary H. Wynn, M.D., David M. Benedek, M.D.
1. Epidemiology and Etiology of PTSD Gary H.Wynn, M.D.
2. Psychotherapy David M. Benedek, M.D.
MW3. Here One Day Chair: Kathy Leichter
S32. The Future of Psychiatric Diagnosis: Updates on Proposed Diagnostic Criteria for DSM-5 (Part II) American Psychiatric Institute for Research and Education
1. Anticipating DSM-5: The Psychosis Chapter William T. Carpenter, M.D.
2. Proposed Changes in the DSM-5 Section on Major Depressive Disorders Jan Fawcett, M.D.
3. Updates From the Mood Disorders Work Group for DSM-5: Bipolar Disorder Trisha Suppes, M.D., Ph.D.
4. Update on Proposed DSM-5: Changes for Anxiety Disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders Katharine A. Phillips, M.D.
5. Proposed Trauma and Stress-Related Disorders for DSM-5 Matthew J. Friedman, M.D., Ph.D.
S33. Clinical and Administrative Aspects of the DSM-5 Personality Disorders Association for Research in Personality Disorders
1. Personality Disorders: the DSM-1 to DSM-5 Crosswalk Donald W. Black, M.D.
2. Validators of Proposed DSM-5 Personality Disorders Larry J. Siever, M.D.
3. Personality and Outcome of Axis I Disorders After DSM-5 James Reich, M.D., M.P.H.
4. Dimensional Diagnostic Classification of Personality Disorder: Implications for Psychotherapy John Livesley, M.D.
5. Unintended and Nonpsychiatric Consequences of a Change in Diagnosis Kenneth R. Silk, M.D.
S34. A Comprehensive Model for Mental Health Tobacco Recovery in New Jersey
1. A Comprehensive Model for Mental Health Tobacco Recovery in New Jersey: Introduction and Overview of the Model Mia Zimmermann, M.P.H.
2. Innovations in Tobacco Dependence Education and Intervention: The Choices Program Patricia Dooley, M.A.
3. Environmental Changes Needed in the Mental Health System to Support Treatment Efforts Jill M. Williams, M.D.
4. Clinical Treatment Approaches for Smokers With Mental Illness Jonathan Foulds, Ph.D.
S35. Integrative Psychiatry for Treatment of Mood and Anxiety Disorders Across the Life Cycle
1. The Use of Mind-Body Interventions for Treatment and Prevention of Later-Life Mood Disorders Helen Lavretsky, M.D.
2. Natural Remedies and Acupuncture for Mood Disorders: Review of the Evidence David Mischoulon, M.D., Ph.D.
3. Trance and Treatment: Minding Mood and Anxiety David Spiegel, M.D.
4. CAM: Implications for Mood and Anxiety Disorders Mark H. Rapaport, M.D.
5. Integrative Psychiatry for Pediatric Mood Disorders Scott Shannon, M.D.
S36. Characterization and Treatment of Early Stages of Schizophrenia
1. Adolescent Brain Development, Premorbid Impairments, and Risk for Schizophrenia Matcheri S. Keshavan, M.D.
2. Altered Functional and Structural Brain Developmental Trajectories in Youth at Clinical Risk for Psychosis Tyrone D. Cannon
3. Early Intervention in Psychiatry: Lessons From Psychosis Patrick D. McGorry, M.D., Ph.D.
4. Update on Medication Approaches to Early-Stage Schizophrenia S. Charles Schulz, M.D.
S37. Neurobiological Mechanisms in Borderline Personality Disorder
1. Oxytocin Modulates Threat Hypersensitivity in BPD Sabine Herpertz, M.D.
2. Alterations in Default Mode Network Connectivity During Pain Processing in BPD Ruth A. Lanius, M.D., Ph.D.
3. Training in Cognitive Reappraisal to Reduce Negative Affect in Borderline Personality Disorder: Behavioral and FMRI Findings Harold W. Koenigsberg, M.D.
4. Pain-Mediated Affect Regulation in BPD Inga Niedtfeld, M.A.
S38. Borderline Personality Disorder and the Mood Disorders Spectrum: Comorbidity, Confusion, and Controversy
1. The Importance of Considering Borderline Personality Disorder When Interpreting Studies of the Validity of the Bipolar Spectrum Mark Zimmerman, M.D.
2. Phenotype, Endophenotype, and Genotype Comparisons Between Borderline Personality Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder Marianne S. Goodman, M.D.
3. Atypical Depression: Mood Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, or Both? Lois W. Choi-Kain, M.D., M.Ed.
4. Interaction of BPD and Affective Disorders: 10-Year Follow-Up John G. Gunderson, M.D.
S39. Neurobehavioral and Pharmacological Approaches to Target Cognitive Remediation in Drug Addiction U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse
1. Cognitive Enhancement and Remediation Strategies to Improve Smoking Cessation Outcomes A. Eden Evins, M.D., M.P.H.
2. Matching Cognitive Remediation to the Distinct Cognitive Deficits Associated With Substance Abusing Prisoners With Psychopathy Versus Other Externalizing Disorders Joseph P. Newman, Ph.D.
3. Dopamine, Cognitive Function, and Cocaine Joy Schmitz, Ph.D.
4. Cognition as a Target for Nicotine Dependence Treatment Caryn Lerman, Ph.D.
S40. Integrated Psychiatry Primary Care Services in Houston, Texas
1. Foundation and Overview of the Community Behavioral Health Program (CBHP) Britta Ostermeyer, M.D.
2. The CBHP Psychiatrist: The Good, the Bad, and How We Improved Asim Shah, M.D.
3. The CBHP Primary Care Physician: Experiences and Barriers to Integrated Care Brian C. Reed, M.D.
4. The Guidelines for Integrated Care by the State of Texas and Integrated Care Within Health Care for the Homeless David Buck, M.D., M.P.H.
S41. The Widening Scope of Psychodynamic Psychiatry American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry
1. Dynamic Psychotherapy: Terminable and Interminable Carolyn B. Robinowitz, M.D.
2. Using the Telephone in Psychodynamic Treatments Joan G. Tolchin, M.D.
3. Male to Female Transsexual: Considerations of the Psychodynamic Psychotherapy During the Transgender Transformation David L. Lopez, M.D. Psychodynamic
4. The Doorman’s Friend: A Fundamental Thought Experiment That Distinguishes Between Unconscious and Conscious Mental Process Matthew A. Tolchin, M.D.
S42. Psychiatrists Working With the United Nations World Psychiatric Association
1. International Psychiatry: Lessons From Tanzania John W. Barnhill, M.D.
2. The International Psychoanalytical Association as an NGO of the UN Isaac Tylim, Psy.D.
3. Chairing the NGO Committee on the Status of Women Vivian B. Pender, M.D.
4. Field Work in a Psychiatric Clinic in Tanzania Sargam Jain, M.D.
5. A Psychiatrist in Haiti Madeleine Lansky, M.D.
6. Well-Being for UN Staff: A Project Phillida Rosnick, Ph.D.
S43. Attachment Security and Its Implications for Psychiatry
1. The Relationship of Attachment Style to Expressed Emotion and Caregiver Burden in Bipolar Disorder Allison M. R. Lee, M.D.
2. Attachment Processes in Older Adult Caregiving Relationships Joan Monin, Ph.D.
3. The Last Act: Implications of Attachment Security With Life-Threatening Disease Gary M. Rodin, M.D.
4. Distinct but Overlapping Neural Networks Subserve Depression and Insecure Attachment: Subcortical Activity Distinguishes Early Versus Late Attachment Zimri Yaseen, M.D.
5. Attachment’s Relationship to the Attitudes, Stress, and Behavior of Daughters Caring for a Parent With Dementia Cory K. Chen, Ph.D.
F3. The Future Is Now: The Evolving Role of Psychiatry in the Integration of Behavioral Health and Primary Care Chair: Lori Raney, M.D.
L12. Manfred S. Guttmacher Award Lecture Michael R. Privitera, M.D., M.S.
SCIENTIFIC AND CLINICAL REPORTS
1. High Prevalence and Significant Pharmacokinetic Implications of the Cyp2c19 Gain-of-Function Allele 17 in Psychotropic-Treated Patients Gualberto Ruaño, M.D., Ph.D.
2. Toxoplasma Gondii Antibody Titers and History of Suicide Attempts in Patients With Schizophrenia Olaoluwa Okusaga, M.D.
3. The Effects of Triallelic Serotonin Transporter Gene and Stressful Life Events on Depression in Patients With Alcohol Dependence Jang Hyun-Chung, M.D.
SCR12. Geriatric Psychiatry
1. Event-Related Potentials as a Biomarker for Alzheimer’s Disease: The Cognition ERP System David Casey, M.D.
2. The Interplay Between Neuroticism and Atherosclerosis in Late-Life Depression Supports a Hypothesis of Vascular Apathy Radboud Marijnissen, M.D.
3. Olanzapine as a Rapidly and Strikingly Effective Augmenting Strategy for Antidepressant-Resistant Geriatric Out-patients With Major Depressive Disorder Irl Extein, M.D.
SMALL INTERACTIVE SESSION
SI05. Mentalizing in Mental Health Practice (Meet the Author) Chairs: Anthony W. Bateman, M.D., Peter Fonagy, M.D.
W51. Psychiatric Factors in Bariatric Surgery: Assessment and Beyond Chair: Sanjeev Sockalingam, M.D.
W52. Public Law 111-148 (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) Is Deeply Flawed and Should Be Repealed: Views From the Left and the Right Chair: Steven S. Sharfstein, M.D., M.P.A.
W53. Psychotherapy Update for the Practicing Psychiatrist Chair: Priyanthy Weerasekera, M.D., M.Ed.
W54. Bedlam Revisited: Society, Psychiatry, and Severely Mentally Ill Individuals Chair: Kenneth Rosenberg, M.D.
W55. The Sigma Enigma: The Role of Sigma Receptors in the Current Practice of Psychopharmacology Chair: Damir Huremovic, M.D., M.P.P.
W56. Making the Most of Your Chief Year: Chief Residents’ Forum II Chairs: Margaret Haglund, M.D., Alison D. Hermann, M.D.
W57. Evaluation and Management of Patients With Excessive Daytime Sleepiness in Psychiatric Practice Chairs: Dimitri D. Markov, M.D.
W58. Legal, Risk, and Ethical Considerations in the Age of Technology and Online Social Networking Chair: Kristen M. Lambert, J.D., M.S.W.
W59. How Girls, Mothers, and Mother-Daughter Relationships Can Thrive Through Adolescence: Updates From the Mother-Daughter Project Chair: SuEllen Hamkins, M.D.
W60. What Psychiatrists Need to Know About Pain Management APA Council on Addiction Psychiatry; Chair: John A. Renner, M.D.
W61. Ethics and Diagnosis: the Medicalization of Predicaments APA/The Scattergood Foundation; Chair: Marc Forman, M.D.