APA has planned a variety of activities for minority/underrepresented psychiatrists attending this year’s annual meeting in New York City. These activities will provide an opportunity to meet with colleagues, discuss issues, and share experiences.
APA’s minority/underrepresented caucuses serve as a forum for exchange on issues of concern and importance to their members. In New York, these caucuses will meet at the following times:
• Caucus of Black Psychiatrists: Tuesday, May 4, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
• Caucus of Asian-American Psychiatrists: Monday, May 3, 5 p.m.—6 p.m.
• Caucus of International Medical Graduates: Tuesday, May 4, 6:30 p.m.—7:30 p.m.
• Caucus of Hispanic Psychiatrists: Tuesday, May 4, 5:30 p.m.—6:30 p.m.
• Caucus of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Psychiatrists: Tuesday, May 4, 5:30 p.m.—7 p.m.
• Caucus of American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Psychiatrists: Wednesday, May 5, 7 a.m.—8:30 a.m.
• Caucus of Women Psychiatrists and the Association of Women Psychiatrists: Tuesday, May 4, 7:30 p.m.—10 p.m. (joint meeting and reception)
In addition to caucus meetings, the components under APA’s Council on Minority Mental Health and Health Disparities will be presenting awards to a number of distinguished psychiatrists.
More information is available from Alison Bondurant by phone at (703) 907-8639 or by e-mail at email@example.com. ▪
Download citation file:
Please confirm that your email address is correct, so you can successfully receive this alert.
Read this week's Update
Sign Up for Psychiatric News Update newsletter