IW77. Using Audiovisual Technology to Teach Behavioral SciencesChair: Jonathan S. Davine, M.D.
IW78. The Portrayal of Psychiatry in Recent American FilmChair:
Steven E. Pflanz, M.D.
IW79. Innovative Child Programs Designed to Increase Access to Care in
Diverse SettingsChair: Radmila Bogdanich, M.A.
IW80. Confidentiality in Overseas Settings: The Prioritization of the
Individual Versus the Institution Versus the CommunityChair: Herbert
L. Campbell, M.D.
IW81. Spiritually Augmented Well-Being Cognitive-Behavior TherapyChair: Russell F. D'Souza, M.D.
IW82. Psychiatric Issues in ArgentinaChair: Michelle B. Riba,
IW83. Buddhist Teachings and Techniques Applied to Disaster Relief: A
Two-Year Follow-Up on Sri Lankan Tsunami VictimsChair: Syed S.A.
IW84. Minority Mental Health Policy Training: Developing Psychiatric
Leaders for Careers About Cultural Competence and Disparities ReductionChair: Francis G. Lu, M.D.
IW85. Research on Procedural Memory: Practical Applications in Dementia
CareChair: Sheila M. Loboprabhu, M.D.
IW86. Vietnam Veterans and the Iraq War: Is the Past Ever the Past?Chair: Laura C. Kordon, M.D.
IW87. A Role for Self-Awareness, Mindfulness, and Meditation in
Psychiatric EducationChair: Robert S. Marin, M.D.
IW88. Frontier Psychiatry: Working With Street-Involved YouthChair: Seena S. Grewal, M.D.
IW89. Fibromyalgia: Current Understanding and Future DirectionsChair: Alan Z.A. Manevitz, M.D.
IW90. Perception and Color in Affective StatesChair: Lina I.
Augius, M.D., M.P.H.
IW91. Medical Board of California Medical Expert Witness TrainingChair: Matthew F. Carroll, M.D.
IW92. Racist Reality: An Assessment of Representations of Minorities in
Reality Television ProgrammingChair: Curley L. Bonds II,
IW93. The Four As of Collaborative Mental Health Care: Accessible,
Accountable, Appropriate, and AffableChair: John M. Haggarty,
IW94. Refractory Schizophrenia: Treatment IssuesAmerican
Association of Practicing Psychiatrists; Chair: Michael Y. Hwang,
IW95. Caregivers in Bipolar Families: Patients and Partners in
TreatmentChair: Igor I. Galynker, M.D.
IW96. Gender Benders in Forensic PsychiatryChair: Susan J.
IW97. A Stigma of Much Substance: Educational Skills to Enhance
Trainees' Attitudes and Approaches to Substance Use and Concurrent
DisordersChair: Heather Flett, M.D.
IW98. Adapting the ACT Model for the Needs of Different Communities: A
Comparative Case Study of Two Japanese and Canadian ACT TeamsChair:
Wendy S. Chow, M.S.W.
IW99. Clinical Pathways for Mood and Anxiety DisordersChair:
Waguih W. IsHak, M.D.
IW100. Finding Balance: The Application of Yoga to Mental HealthChair: Tara A. Klein, M.D.
IW101. Akathisia: An Elusive PhenomenonChair: Naveed Iqbal,
IW102. A Malpractice Lawsuit PrimerChair: Eugene Lowenkopf,
IW103. Multidisciplinary Treatment of Chronic PainChair:
Vladimir Bokarius, M.D., Ph.D.
IW104. Addressing the Needs of Community-Dwelling Older Schizophrenic
PersonsChair: Carl I. Cohen, M.D.
IW105. From Lab to Clinical Pratice: Biology and Treatment of Depression
and Posttraumatic Stress DisorderChair: Meera Narasimhan,
IW106. The Ultimate Goal: A Modular Approach to Psychosis?Chair: Wolfgang Gaebel, M.D.
IW107. Case Studies Using Video Playback in Couples' TherapyChair: Ian E. Alger, M.D.
Scientific and Clinical Reports Session 28. Pharmacotherapy and
82. Personality Traits and Prophylactic Treatment With Selective Serotonin
Reuptake Inhibitors Sabrina J. Khan, M.D.
83. Olanzapine for the Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder: A
Flexible-Dose, 12-Week, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study
S. Charles Schulz, M.D.
84. A Dose Comparison of Olanzapine for the Treatment of Borderline
Personality Disorder: A 12-Week, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled
Study Mary C. Zanarini, Ed.D.
Session 29. Long-Term Outcomes of Schizophrenia
85. A 20-year, Multi-Follow-Up Study of Persecutory Delusions in
Schizophrenia Martin Harrow, Ph.D.
86. Relationship Between Neurocognitive Performance and Instrumental Work
Functioning in Schizophrenia and Other Disorders: A 20-year Prospective
Longitudinal Study Linda S. Grossman, Ph.D.
87. Neurocognition, Complex Social Cognition, and Functional Outcome in
Schizophrenia Joseph Ventura, Ph.D.
Session 30. Novel Approaches to Wellness
88. A New Kind of Psychiatry: Information Theory in the 21st Century
David A. Rothstein, M.D.
89. Spirituality and Recovery From Panic Attacks Caroline B. Williams,
90. Fostering Spiritual Values and Well-Being: The Need in Psychiatry
Russell F. D'Souza, M.D.
Session 31. Methological Issues in Psychiatric Disorders
91. Joint Crisis Plans for People With Psychosis: Economic Evaluation of an
RCT Claire Henderson, M.D.
92. LOCF (Last Observation Carried Forward) and Distortion of Findings in a
Psychotopic Drug Clinical Study Alex A. Cardoni, M.S.
93. Comparison of Depression and Personality Ratings by a Patient and
Informant Regarding the Patient's Psychopathology Gavi Hollander,
Session 32. Trauma, Aggression, and Psychopathology
94. Clinical Differences Between Patients With Posttraumatic Stress
Disorder With and Without Psychotic Symptoms Brian P Mika, M.D.
95. A Controlled Comparison Study of a yoga Breath-Based Program and a
Client-Centered Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and
Depression in Survivors of Tsunami Disaster Patricia L. Gerbarg,
96. Exploratory Factor Analysis of Borderline Personality Disorder Criteria
in Hispanic Men and Women With Substance Use Disorders Daniel F. Becker,
Session 33. Gender Issues in Psychiatric Disorders
97. Suicide Among Female Veterans in the General United States Population
Bentson McFarland, M.D.
98. Comparison of Longitudinal Course of Illness Between Women and Men: A
25-year, Multi-Followup Study of Schizophrenia, Other Psychotic Disorders, and
Nonpsychotic Depression Cherise Rosen, Ph.D.
99. Diagnostic and Gender Differences in Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic
Disorders in First-Episode Psychosis Robert W. Marvin, M.D.
Session 34. Neuroscience and Neuropsychiatry in Mood Disorders
100. Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Levels in Depressed Patients During
Antidepressant Treatments Donatella Marazziti, M.D.
101. Information Processing in Bipolar Disorder During Remission Camilo
J Ruggero, Ph.D.
102. Mitochondrial Function in the Anterior Cingulate and Treatment
Response in MDD Dan V. Iosifescu, M.D.
Session 35. Antidepressants and Mood Disorders: Outcome Studies
103. Impact of Study Design on the Results of Continuation Studies of
Antidepressants Mark Zimmerman, M.D.
104. The Effectiveness of Venlafaxine and Its Metabolite in Refractory
Depressed Patients Patrick S. Mbaya, M.D.
105. Discontinuation of Antidepressant Prophylaxis—Are There
Predictors? Tara M. Pundiak, M.D.
S75. Culture as a Rationalization for Violence Against Women
S76. The COMBINE Trial: Treatment of Alcohol Dependence From Bench to
S77. Depression as Indicator and Focus of Treatment in Primary Care
S78. The Psychopathology of Personality: Perspectives From the
Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Disorders Study (CLPS)
S79. Expanding NYS Prison Psychiatry
S80. Neural Correlates of Psychodynamic Constructs
S81. Addressing Patients' Needs: Patient-Centered Diagnosis
S82. Optimum Treatment Duration in Early Psychosis
S83. Model Psychiatry Residency Programs on Religion and
S84. Suicide: Practical Patient Safety for the Doc From Risk Assessment
to Risk Reduction
S85. Combined Treatment With Psychotherapy and Medications: Research and
S86. Children and War: Emotional and Psychiatric Consequences of War and
Terror on Children and Adolescents
S87. The Psychocultural Foundations of Contemporary Terrorism
S88. Work Outcome in Schizophrenia: Advances in Prediction and
S89. Passages: Perspectives of Women Psychiatrists Negotiating Career